The Benefits of Making a Promotional Video for Your Business This Thanksgiving Season
Updated: Jan 24
The holidays are a hectic time for everyone, but especially for business owners. If you’re like most business owners, you’re probably thinking about all the things you need to do to get ready for the holiday rush. Amidst all the preparation, don’t forget one important task that can help your business stand out this season: creating a promotional video.
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to release a promotional video because people are already in a giving mood. They’re also more likely to have some extra time on their hands as they wait for the turkey to cook or spend time with family members in town. Use this opportunity to introduce your business to potential customers or thank your current ones for their continued support. Promotional videos are an excellent way to engage with your audience and strengthen your relationship with them.
How to Make a Positive Impression with Your Promotional Video
The best way to make a positive impression with your promotional video is by ensuring that it is high-quality and tells a relatable story. People are more likely to remember and connect with a video that tells a personal story or touches on emotions. It doesn’t have to be overly sentimental – just something that will resonate with your viewers. Another tip is to keep it short and sweet. No one wants to watch a 15-minute commercial masquerading as a video. Keep your video under two minutes so people will actually watch it until the end.
You should also make sure that your video looks professionally made. This doesn’t mean that you need Hollywood production values, but it should look like you put some effort into it. If you don’t have any experience making videos, there are plenty of online resources and tutorials that can help you get started. And if you really want to go the extra mile, you can hire a professional videographer to help you with the project.
Promote your business with video. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Create a festive video greeting featuring employees and customers wishing viewers a happy Thanksgiving. Be sure to include your company logo and website URL.
2. Create a video showcasing your products or services and how they can help make Thanksgiving dinner hassle-free. For example, if you sell cooking appliances, show how your product can help save time in the kitchen.
3. Make a video highlighting special Thanksgiving deals and discounts. Be sure to include all the details so viewers can take advantage of the savings.
4. Give thanks to your employees, customers, and partners in a video message. This is a great way to show your appreciation and build goodwill during the holiday season.
5. family-friendly recipes: Share your favorite Thanksgiving recipes in a video format. This is a great way to connect with your audience on a personal level and show off your company's culinary skills.
6. Behind-the-scenes footage: Give your audience a behind-the-scenes look at how your business operates. This type of video is especially popular on social media, as it helps to humanize your brand and give people a glimpse of the hard work that goes into running a successful business.
7. holiday discounts: Everyone loves a good deal, so be sure to promote any special holiday discounts or deals in your video. This is an effective way to drive sales and boost customer loyalty.
Making the Most of Your Promotional Video
Once your promotional video is finished, it’s time to start thinking about how you want to distribute it. A great way to reach new audiences is by sharing it on social media or emailing it to your subscribers. You can also embed it on your website or blog so people who visit your site can watch it there. And don’t forget – if you create a Thanksgiving-themed video, you can always share it again next year! With a little bit of planning and effort, your promotional video will be sure to make an impact this holiday season.
If you were curious about what others say about the importance of Video Marketing, here's an article over at Hub Spot that talks more about this.
This Thanksgiving, take some time out of your busy schedule to create a promotional video for your business. It’s a great opportunity to reach new audiences and strengthen relationships with existing customers. Just make sure that your video is high-quality, tells a relatable story, and is under two minutes long. With these tips in mind, you’re sure to create a promotional video that will make a positive impression this holiday season!
Spark pixel is a video production service located in Centre County Pennsylvania near state college, creating marketing videos for business and entrepreneurs. Corey Beasley is the owner operator of Spark Pixel. He is a video producer and videographer. Spark Pixel services all businesses in central Pennsylvania and beyond. Want to learn more about how Spark Pixel video production and how we can create a beautiful marketing video for your business that gets noticed and talked about? Feel free to reach out!